The Cadillac of Coffees

So I'm pretty tired this morning, and as I get off the commuter train on the way to work, I remember that we were about out of coffee. This won't do, so I pop into the starbucks at the quaint station. Usually my co-working coffee lovers get a pound of whatever 'bold' coffee is stocked at the time. I think they make it a bit strong, because the last pound only lasted a week and a half, and we're just making a 10-cup pot a day. Not wanting to be a freeloader, I sally over to the rack of beans.

Looking over the selection, I grab the only 'bold' non-decaf that's there. Arabian Roast. I walk up to the cash in my groggy state and wait while it is ground into life-giving powder. Then I give them my credit card and get the slip back. $16.17. I stare at the number. Is it in hex? No, that would be worse. I look up at the menu board with a bewildered expression, noting all the different varieties and observing their prices in the $10-11 range. If I was more lucid I might have said "No, no, I don't want to buy stock in Starbucks, I just want a pound of coffee." But instead I just mumble out "why so expensive?"

"That's a rare variety," says one clerk. "It's the cadillac of coffees," says another. Of course it's already ground at this point, so I just leave in defeat. It had better be fanfriggintastic, that's all I can say.